Friday, January 07, 2005

Motion Detectors on Vending Machines


Japanese Vending Machines Posted by Hello

In Japan, although there are millions of people here, there is a severe lack people needed to staff everything so there are vending machines everywhere. They come in all shapes and sizes. And some vend hot french fries! I haven't tried those yet. I tried their Green Lemon Tea. I was told that if you drink that, you will pop positive on an alcohol breathalizer test. It is really good. Some machines have motion detectors which only come on when you walk near them. Very interesting. Saves electricity. Some restaurants have vending machines outside of them. I believe that you are supposed to pay for your food when you insert your yen and it dispenses a ticket. And then you're supposed to hand your ticket to the cook and he cooks what you picked. I'm still learning a lot about Japan and the vending machines here are pretty cool and high tech.

No comments: