Thursday, January 13, 2005

Final Contract Signing

I signed my contract finally to move into my new apartment. It was pretty exciting for me to finally get the heck off the base! I signed my contract, paid my money and did the move-in condition form. It was really a pleasure. The realtor is the person who I have to go through to do everything. She showed me how to operate everything, from the bicycle parking space to the toilet. It was an engaging hands-on approach to learning how Japanese devices work. They are so high tech! I can control the water temperature from the kitchen and the bathroom. Of course, the bathroom has an override switch which will have the final decision on the water temp. The ceilings are higher than regular Japanese ceilings. I actually have to use a chair to change out the bulbs! The floor in the living room is wood and looks like it is easy to maintain. All I need is a Swiffer. Walking around in socks can be hazardous because it is really slippery. Well, I plan on purchasing carpet to put over it. Hmm... Well, I did have a good conversation with my realtor. She tells me that Japan is boring. I told her that the US was boring. Hehe, of course, she thought I was wrong. Anyways, I gotta take care of some business.

No comments: