Saturday, December 18, 2004

Sweet Potato and Green Tea Ice Cream in Kamakura, Japan


Shinto in Kamakura Posted by Hello

Today I went to Kamakura to go see the shrines and temples. It is one of the most highly suggested place to visit while I'm here in Japan. It was a great pleasure! I got to see all kinds of ancient temples, shrines, and statues galore. It was very interesting to see in real life. Pictures can't really show the beauty and magnitude of their splendor. Being there actually gave me chills up my spine when I caught my first glimpse of a temple on the very top of a hill. I also got to witness a traditional Japanese wedding. It was awesome! I was told to try out the Sweet Potato Ice Cream that Kamakura is famous for. I gave it a try and it was actually very good! It didn't really taste like potatoes though. It was more like sweet rice.... The green tea ice cream was great also. It's way better than that bitter Jasmine ice cream. With all the food in the windows of the stores that I passed by, I had to try some food before I left. I ate some rice crackers wrapped in seaweed and some Chinese pork buns. They are pretty cheap, costing $1.20 and $1.10. The current exchange rate is 1 for 1 so it was 120 yen and 110 yen. Well, I couldn't help myself with the food. I just wanted to eat everything! I didn't get lost on the train this time, hehe.


Sweet Potato and Green Tea Ice Cream Guy Posted by Hello

No comments: