Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas, and enjoy your Speghetti.

It is Christmas today! I finally figured out how Santa does his thing. He doesn't do the world all at once, because of all the time zones... So actually, he has two full days of Christmas and an hour to stock gifts in each time zone. Wierd... try to explain that to children. Anyways, I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas especially our troops in IRAQ. I feel pretty bad for those guys.

I rode my bike over to the shop and found a co-worker typing away at his computer. He offered me some Philipino food that was left over from his holiday party from yesterday. I was kinda hungry and said, of course! I got to try some Philipino speghetti. It had sausage in it and was very good. I guess it is holiday food for Philipinos.

I also got to watch a movie called "Osama". It was about a girl in Afghanistan while the Taliban was running their country. I think it was a pretty good documentry about what goes on there. A mother and her daughter were left starving after the man of the family became a martyr and died in a war. So the only way they could earn money is if the little girl cut her hair and became a boy and got a job. To make the long story short, the girl got caught when she had to bathe with the other boys in the community and was punished to death by being stoned. Instead, her punishment was ruled to where she was forcefully wedded to a dirty old guy. And the movie ends with the old man taking a bath after he had sex with the girl. The movie was pretty depressing. I give it a 5/10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exion, learn to spell! -Soco "the wife"

phoebee said...

Merry Christmas Exion!