Friday, December 10, 2004

Recreation Center in Yokosuka

Well, I'm unable to upload pictures from my digital camera. I've been borrowing the computer at the Recreation Center in Yokosuka. They have a great little place here for single sailors and geographical bachelors. There's free internet, movies and videogames. It is a good place for single sailors to hang out also. Today, I took the written driving test and I passed! I'm so excited and it is one step closer to getting my international drivers license. The drivers license I have here in the states just don't cut it. I'm just going to have to get used to the slower speed limits. The maximum posted speed limit in Japan is 80km/h. Which equates to about 60.2 miles per hour. On average, the posted limit is 50 km/h. I don't have a car yet, but I've been walking around a lot. I've probably put 60 miles on my shoes since I've been here. My feet don't hurt from blisters, they hurt from walking so damn much. I've got some really good shoes. Well, I need to get off the computer.

No comments: