Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Checking-In Headaches

Checking into the command here in Japan is a nightmare. It is hard as heck to get anything done in a timely manner even if you try to handle things yourself. It feels crappy to be homeless. I've been homeless since October 28th and have been living in hotels and other people's houses since. I just got my lodging bill a few days ago and it was $600. Ouch. That was for only 10 days. My rent back in Texas ran up to $480 a month. Well, I guess that is life. Everything in Japan is expensive except for cars. I could get a 95 Nissan Skyline for less than $3,000 easy. I'm still trying to figure stuff out here. I also bought a plane ticket back to Los Angeles, it cost me 58,761 Yen which is $577 dollars in US money. The conversion rate changes everyday. Not bad at all. I expected it to be in the thousands of dollars. It was a pretty good deal. If I had paid cash, it would've been 3% less which isn't much. Japan is a cash based economy. It is rare to find a place that takes credit. It is impossible to find a place that takes checks. If you go to Japan, you better have some YEN handy.

No comments: