Thursday, November 03, 2005

Touring Expeditionary Medical Facility Kuwait

Today, I did a lot of moving metal containers around trying to find equipment. I'm getting the ball rolling on the database ULLS-G program. I really want to get a database started here. Right now, we are running a spreadsheet program (excel), but we don't have a set schedule for preventative maintenance. It kinda sucks and I'm going to fix it. There are also talks of shutting this "tent" hospital down and relocating. After walking around and doing my tour, I see that it is extremely crowded. In the front, they do triage and there is different departments in different tents. Without releasing classified information, I can say that there is admin, x-ray, pharmacy, lab, supply, or, anesthesia, respiratory, cardiovascular, wards (number of them is secret), and emergancy room. Walking around there is tight, some people describe it as being like a submarine or ship where we have to get out of someone's way to have somebody else walk past us. The ceilings are low between tents like it was built by a midget. Anyways, it looks like the corpsman get a lot of hands on experience in emergancy care. Today, I saw them practicing litter carrying.

Last night, I went running (caugh, caugh). And I went to the gym to kill the monotomy of work. I discovered a stash of things that people mail out to us. We call it "Wal-Mart" where people donate essentials such as toothbrushes, razors, Slim Jims, candy and other things. It is really cool. Well anyway my time on the net is running out.

2 comments:

hunghuynh said...

how many minute limited for person

IncrediblyX said...

About 20 minutes