Friday, November 25, 2005

Mission Essential

Kuwaiti Tents in the Desert

Lately, in my job, I've been using the words "Mission Essential" a lot. Everything I do, is critical to our mission in Kuwait. Medical maintenance is key to having exceptional medical care. Because the saying goes, "The medical staff is only as good as their equipment." Anyways, me and the BMET team are doing a lot here to keep this place and outlying clinics running. And it feels good to know that I've fixed something that costs a half a million dollars. That is what I've been trained to do. Hopefully, they don't keep me out here because of that.

Tonight, Jcid and I experienced some really crazy freeways in Kuwait. People freely cross the freeways and lanes don't seem to matter to them. We almost died because some idiot fool was driving full speed on the wrong side of the road!!! Luckily, Jcid didn't panic and steered us into the merger. I feel asleep in the back of the truck and when I woke up, Chief was messing around saying that "J stuck a gun in your mouth." I didn't find that too amusing. Because were were carrying 9mm pistols on our side. Once again, I got to see blown out villages and old Iraqi bone-yards from the first gulf war. Spooky reminisces of history in this area haunt even the most modern of times. My butt still hurts from all the bumpy roads and potholes. The truck we were driving, I swear, doesn't have any shocks in the back. It seems to have a straight solid axle in the rear making my ass feel every rock and bump in the road. The things I have to do for the mission!

No comments: