Sunday, November 13, 2005

Rain in the Desert

Well this morning, it rained. Because of this, we got calls like crazy in the maintenance department. "Our Power went out, AHHHH!" Well, we called the Seabees and they came and took a look at the problem. They turned on the backup generators and nothing... Nothing seemed to work. Well, I showed up and read the start up instructions. "Open lid and flip the circuit breaker (CB1)." I flipped the switch and the power came back on! Yep. That made my day. Me finally getting to do what I was paid to do, troubleshoot.

Well, anyways, when it rains in the desert, it is kinda nice. The sand gets packed down so walking on it, is like walking on a huge pan of brownies. The ground closely resembles brown sugar. I haven't seen much mud except on paved road ways. But the sand clumps together nicely.

No comments: