Saturday, November 12, 2005

Good bye EMF Dallas! Chat with the Bus Driver

My Bunk with obnoxious Bedsheets

Finally, those reservists are leaving. EMF Dallas has been running the show at this hospital before we got here and before them, it was EMF Portsmouth. Now, it is EMF Kuwait - Camp Pendleton Detachment. This new crew of people are a good team. A good number of us actually volunteered to be here and are motivated while a few were "volun-told" to be here. But most of all, we are a good bunch of people who know what we are doing. It has been said that we are the greatest and the best Navy Medicine has to offer. The doctors, nurses, corpsman and ancillary staff were hand selected from 21 different commands from around the globe and put into one hospital. This has never been done before. I'm glad to be a part of this historic evolution and informing the world of what we are all about.

Yesterday, for fun, I chatted with a bus driver who drives a shuttle bus which rotates around the base here at Camp Arifjan. The guy is from Bangladash. (spelling?) I have no idea where that is located, but anyways, he told me that he was from Pakistan. He told me how lazy Pakistani people were and that they like to work one day and get two days off. Hehe, what a work ethic! I had asked him if he liked his job and he told me that, of course, he didn't. He was doing it for the money. He traveled all the way to Kuwait for money! Wow. He is also had a girl friend and plans on moving back to his country. I had told him about my family history and that my parents were refugees from the Vietnam war and had settled in the states ever since. He acknowledged and told me that the situation in Vietnam and Iraq were the same, except that Iraq has oil and Vietnam has rice. So True. So True...

2 comments:

hunghuynh said...

8 years in Vietnam war USA Army dead 58,000 people and Iraq 3 years only dead 3000 that is big differance. Iraq is stupid people...hihi

Anonymous said...

I was one or those RESERVISTS form EMF Dallas. We did an outstanding job there and I'm not going to let you take that away from us. Believe it or not we are not just Reservists we are Doctors, Nurses, EMT's/ Paramedics and other medical rerlated jobs,. So....... just say those reservists. I would put EMF Dallas up againts any active duty group in the world.

HM2(FMF)John E. Watson
Camp Beuhring TMC 2005