Monday, November 28, 2005

Getting Treated like Cattle

I would just like to say, that life here sucks. You're just a number. And that everyone here is expendable. But once you figure that out, you'll be just fine.

Lately, we have been told to move once again. I had the privilege to move from a bottom rack to a top rack. My new bunk mate is an O-4. In layman's terms, he is an officer, perhaps a full fledged doctor or nurse. Really strange that they put us together. All the guys around me are very high ranking and somewhat boring to talk to. There's just some freedoms that I don't have the liberty of doing anymore, like bitching and complaining about work to let out all my anger and frustrations. I have to find someplace else to do it. When I change clothes, I do it in the middle of the hallway now (very visible, high traffic). No more privacy. Because, with a bottom rack, I could put up a privacy curtain and have five square feet of changing space. Nope, not anymore! Wow, a real morale killer. Another thing keeping me and everybody else sane. I bend over and say, "Thank you very much sir, may I have another." My motivation to perform well at my job and saving the government hundreds of thousands of dollars has diminished almost completely. I'm just hoping that something good will come out at the end of this tour.

No comments: