Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Boredom is Setting In

After arriving in Kuwait, the life here is repetitious. Get up early, 3 s's (shower, shit and shave) put on uniform, get on bus, eat breakfast and go to work. Work. work. work. work. work. Eat lunch, work some more. Go home. Do laundry or hang out in rec-center and check e-mails. Same thing over and over and it gets boring really quick. The bad thing is, is that I say busy because these things are time consuming, yet free time only comes while I'm doing things like "waiting for the bus" or riding the bus to work which makes other things hard to accomplish such as reading a book. Backpacks aren't allowed in dining facilities and if you bring one, there's no place to put it. The Army is known to blow up backpacks sitting outside the dining facility. Also, you aren't allowed to overstuff your pockets with stuff as I do mine. I always carry my prescription goggles and digital camera. Not much room for anything else. I try to take my time writing letters, but it is difficult since the only time is at night. The lights go out at about 10 pm. Sounds like a bunch of complaining... I know. Everything can be solved with just being able to carry a backpack.

No comments: