Saturday, August 27, 2005

Thoughts on Population Control

My duty at the hospital proved it to be a busy night in Labor and Delivery during the typhoon. Three babies were born while it was all going on. I heard that it was due to "the atmospheric pressure". Not sure, but there sure was a lot of babies being born. And many more pregnant women being admitted to the ward. Something I observed... There is a whole lot more babies being born than people dying at this hospital. In a way it is good, BUT in a way it is bad for the foreseeable future. Population is growing much too rapidly. :( Unless we plan on colonizing other planets, there's hardly any room left for these new people. I suggest that the Japanese need to figure out a way to build higher buildings or start building cities on the ocean, because what there is now just isn't cutting it. Imagine the population of half the United States all squished in a landmass the size of California and with 75% of it inhabitable.

Yes, you should be thinking, "Oh CRAP".

Well, here is my opinion and strictly my opinion. I think that in the U.S., couples should be taxed heavily for each child beyond two children for irresponsibility to mankind. I say two children for reason of being to replace oneself. The way of thinking: "procreation for the sake of procreation" is starting to become hazardous. The old days of people dying at young ages have stopped. Advances in healthcare, technologies and education have prolonged life.

It won't be long before California will build mass transportation systems rivaling that of the northeast like New York and Chicago. Cramming into these things are quite uncomfortable. The Japanese seems to have gotten used to it and are forced at a young age to accept this. I can't stand it, maybe because I grew up in a small town. But one thing is for sure, personal "bubbles" don't exist and privacy is a real luxury. We'll see what happens. The future will be here before you know it.

No comments: