Sunday, August 07, 2005

Friendship Day Festival

Entrance to the base

Nissan Skylines at the Classic Car show

The base opened up to the public yesterday. This event was CRAZY! It was packed and there was American food everywhere! I got myself some Texas BBQ. There were turkey legs, hotdogs and hamburgers. Lots of women were dressed in Kimonos. They even got to visit a Navy flagship, the USS Blueridge. There were shows, a car show, and food. They topped it off with a fireworks show that lasted what seemed like an hour. Interestingly though, there was a "Hello Kitty" firework which put out a huge kitty face in the sky. People filled the streets of Yokosuka when it was over. I have never seen so many people! There were millions of people, it was just packed! There were drummer shows at the Daiei Mall to entice the visitors to come visit. I could imagine that this event lasted til midnight.

Fireworks display can be seen from my balcony window.

No comments: