Saturday, September 11, 2004

What I do on the Weekends in Wichita Falls

I usually spend my weekends getting a haircut, washing my car and going to the Commissary (military base grocery store). There really is not much to do here in Wichita Falls. There is a nice golf course on base, but I don't like golf. It is too hot outside, so it cuts out a lot of activities. There is a family fun center with batting cages, a small water park, miniture golf and go-cart rides. That stuff can easily put a dent in my wallet. There is also a minature indoor mall. It has some nice stores such as Books-a-Million, Old Navy, Hot Topic, FYE, Spencers Gifts, Sears, and JC Penny. The movies and arcade are also there too. Wichita Falls only has 3 places to view movies. The base, inside the mall and one right outside the mall. It's a monopoly for sure. I'm so used to the stadium seating of the movie theatres in California, so the movie experience here is pretty awful. Some movies come out a little late here also, but I'm not in a rush. There are two Wal-Mart Supercenters and that's about it.

No comments: