Tuesday, September 28, 2004

How a George Foreman Grill Works


The basic anatomy of a George Foreman Grill Posted by Hello

The technical stuff:
The plug is a 2 prong plug, no grounding what-so-ever. (it doesn't represent much of a shock hazard) The grill is all encased in plastic. The power cord goes to the transformer, where it converts 110VAC to 640Watts of heat to the heating element. The heat sensor prevents the grill from over heating and catching your steaks on fire!

Good idea, but good low-fat steaks come at the cost of losing it's juicyness. I found that the grill knocks out the fat, but also all of the moisture, leaving a dry steak. All of the seasoning on the steak gets cooked and leaves the charred taste. Some people like it, some don't. I prefer a fully cooked juicy, tender steak.

1 comment:

scottydude said...

I have one of these grills and I use it often. I never cooked a steak on it, only hamburgers and chicken breasts.

You are right about the tendency to overcook the food until it's too dry or crispy on the outside. I look at the grill's cookbook guidelines and basically cut the cooking time in half.

I like my meat a little juicy, too. Yeah baby!!