Sunday, September 05, 2004

Lesson Learned - No Money, Big Problems

I'm trying very hard to be thrifty, but it is too hard. Everytime I get paid, it goes faster than I can save it. I don't understand this phenomenon. It begins to worry me. I feel that much of it is being spent on things that I have to buy anyways, like shoes, tires, bills, rent, ring payments and food. Moving to Japan is becoming a financial burdon. My goal to save money the six months that I am here in Wichita Falls has failed miserably. I guess I'm not seeing the future as bright as it should be. With plans of having children in a couple of years, I feel a bit helpless. I fear that I can't afford it. Military pay is not what it is cracked up to be. And it would be shameful for me to accept government assistance such as welfare and foodstamps. I'm not a man who lives on debt, but I learned that foolish choices in the past has a big effect on NOW. Although, I'm very happy with my high priced vehicle, it cost me an entire year and several of months salary pay. I know I should not regret it, but I see that my selfish decision will haunt me. I have just paid it off last month, now I'm forced to let it age in storage for three years while I'm at Japan. The lesson I have learned is that, I'm now paying for my foolishness from the past and it is painful. I should've bought a cheaper car.

No comments: