Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2 Weeks After AC Separation Surgery

Today, I got to see the ortho-surgeon for my post operative surgery appointment. I took four x-rays and it shows that everything is back in alignment. He snipped off some stitches that were sticking out and offered to put the steri-strips back on. I kindly declined due to the irritation on my skin.
He told me that I needed to wear my sling for up to 6 weeks. To be honest, I only needed it for the first two days. After that, I've been rehabilitating myself without one. The first two days really sucked. I was taking oxycodone which was making me nauseous. I didn't eat very much for 3 days after the surgery and I needed to take fiber supplements so that I could have a bowel movement.

Even though, I was prescribed enough pain meds for 10 days, I was only able to take them for 3 days until I called it quits.  Many people say that narcotics are addicting, but I couldn't wait to wean myself off of it!  Well rather than wean myself off as planned, I just forgot to take them and I didn't take them since. It just shows how bad my memory is.  Anyways...

Overall, I'm getting better.

No comments: