Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shoulder Surgery Pre-Op

It has been a busy week for me since I'm trying to wrap up all my work before my surgery. I'll be getting my right shoulder reconstructed due to a Grade III AC Separation that was due to a mountain biking accident I had in May of last year. My surgeon asked me why I waited this long to get seen because usually people have surgery shortly after their accidents. I just explained to him that I was in a middle of a PCS move from Camp Pendleton to the Naval hospital. To get a consult takes weeks and months. The bureaucratic red tape is a giant hindrance and a big pain in the butt which pretty much explains everything. From my experience, NEVER ever ask your surgeon what he is going to do to you because the gruesome details just might scare the living shit out of you.

No comments: