Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The 2013 Prius V



So right after my surgery (while my right arm was still numb and while I was high on narcotics), I did the sensible thing and decided to stop by a Toyota dealership in San Diego. I was wanting to trade in my aging RAV4 due to reliability issues and a myriad of flaws due to being a high mileage vehicle.

I have had this for two weeks now and I'm actually liking it. The amount of gasoline that I save is really surprising. My visits to the gas station has been drastically reduced from 4 visits a week to 1. The car gets almost 400 miles to a tank! I am very pleased. So far, I've only been to the gas station twice since I've owned it.

I paid $25,000 for it because it is a used vehicle. It had just over 19k miles on it which is high for a 2013, however for the cost of this vehicle, I got the technology package which comes with navigation, backup camera, keyless entry/ignition, Bing, Pandora and a bunch of other things that I haven't even discovered yet. The windows came tinted which was what I was going to do anyways. So coming with that saved me time and money. Being a prior leased vehicle, it came with hubcaps to protect the aluminum wheels that came with the car. Cool huh?



So how much did I trade in the 9 year old RAV4 for? $8,000! Wow. How could I say no to that. Well, I was originally wanting $9k for it and Mazda was prepared to give me that. However, when I came back to the dealer to turn in the spare key to the RAV, I found out that my salesman was "relieved" (maybe fired???) the next day.

No comments: