Sunday, February 02, 2014

This Guy Nailed It

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/retiring-27-ambitious-lazy-crazy-140000847.html

Read the article above.  My life would have been drastically different if I hadn't decided to join the military to serve my country.  Entrepreneurship run in my veins and being constantly deployed, getting married, having kids and transferring to new locations have always held me down.  Maybe God decided that my talents serve a purpose for the greater good and that I shall be rewarded in the end.  I can only hope.  Realistically though, if I had decided to go to school instead of the Navy, I had already made a conscious decision to become a chiropractor.  I had the school picked out and everything.  Yeah, life would've been different.

Recently, I had an eureka moment (again).  My never ending quest for process improvement has led me to finding shortcuts.  When I was handed over two jobs from two different people who were leaving, I was short on time.  Doing reports take hours and hours to do. I figured out how to do something that used to take 6 to 8 hours and brought it down to ten minutes by schooling myself on mathematics and spreadsheet formulas.  Now my secret?  Haha.  No way. 

Being lazy is always a good thing.

No comments: