Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Week 3 Post Surgery

The itchiness and the redness finally went away.  I put my sling back on and got into the habit of wearing it again.  A buddy of mine who got the same type of surgery told me that because he didn't utilize his sling post surgery, he is never able to reach his back.  That statement got me thinking.  I decided to put it back on again for my sake.  So far, I've had two physical therapy appointments and basically, my treatment plan is to do nothing.  No rehab, no stretching, no lifting, nothing!  6 weeks post surgery is when the pain will commence.  All they did in the meantime is just have me relax on a table, relax my muscles and they moved my arm around.  I also got put on this ice compression machine for 15 minutes.  After a while, it felt like I was getting stabbed and my stitches were coming out.  It sort of hurts.  So never again, I hope.

No comments: