Tuesday, November 16, 2004

When will the Bad Luck End?

Ever since my vacation started at the end of October, I've been having some pretty bad luck.

First off, I came home to my parent's house in Arkansas. They own a few restaurant buildings and a couple of them called my parent's asking them to fix the leaky roofs. I tried calling some roofers and they won't reply. How troublesome is that? They need to be fixed soon, because it rains a lot in Arkansas. If the problem doesn't get fixed, then the problems will increase tenfold.

Second, my favorite politician, Democratic Senator John Kerry lost the election for Presidency. What are the odds of that? I guess I should've voted for Bush. An angry Bush lover pegged my car with an egg and left a beautiful mark next to my John Kerry bumper sticker. That bastard.

Third, on my flight to San Diego from Little Rock, I missed my connecting flight at Houston due to stormy weather. It delayed me about 4 1/2 hours. That sucked because I arrived so late at night and my wife had school the next day. My baggage ended up arriving in San Diego before I did.

Fourth, when I dropped off my wife from school, I drove back to the hotel. I fell asleep and woke up about four hours later with the sounds of a leaf blower outside my freak'in hotel door. All crusty eyed, I opened up the curtens and saw our car being towed! I didn't even receive a phone call or a courtesy knock before the stupid hotel started towing cars in their own parking lot. The stupid tow'er left a huge dent on the front driver's side fender. That bastard.

Fifth, after the towing incident, I was on a mission to receive a package that I had mailed out to myself from Texas. I went to the post office. After waiting in line for 20 minutes, I handed over the package slip and the attendant walked to the back and started chatting with his buddies for 15 minutes. When he finally came back, he told me that it wasn't there and that I should call a "phone number". I went home and called that number. The number ended up being a postal office warehouse which doesn't have my package...

Sixth, I received a call from my dad. He told me that they received a parking ticket that I have to pay for. What the heck? The ticket was ticketed to the person who bought my first car about four years ago. But, they decided to place the blame on me. I fixed the records years ago with the DMV. Due to incompentence, the stupid city is trying to bill me for a stupid ticket which has collected interest over the years!

Seventh, I got sick and I have a stuffy nose.

Eighth, I went to my wife's school. Her career counselor told me that the detailer lost my paperwork and that I have to submit my co-location stuff over again. It was the 4th time our paperwork has been lost.

Nineth, I went to Fontana, to my in-law's house. The next day, my wife's father received a notice from a court asking for payment of several thousand dollars of rent from a random apartment complex. Is the bad luck following me? I don't know.

No comments: