Thursday, November 04, 2004

4020 Texas Street, San Diego California


4020 Texas Street, San Diego California Posted by Hello


Roof tops in San Diego Posted by Hello


Residental Parking Posted by Hello

I flew to San Diego last Tuesday. Here are some pictures of Texas Street. I forgot how great the weather is over here. I went running yesterday and I felt refreshed! When I was in Texas, the heat, dust, wind and humidity took a toll on my running ability. It always felt like the wrong time to run over there. I love San Diego! I just have to get used to the road manners here. People are very impatient and there is always something to do here. Californians are a lot different from the rest of the U.S. Life here is fast and furious. Going out is the norm. What is considered rude everywhere else, is laughed at here. Although you don't get that small town, small talk stuff from people here like you do in the southern states, people here generally mind their own business.
When I walk by people on the sidewalk, nobody looked at me or said a friendly "hi" or a "how are you doing?" You pretty much get ignored and it is assumed that you exist. Plus, it would be exhausting to greet every single person you meet. There's lots of people here. Everywhere you go, involves lines. You can't do anything without waiting in line. The economy here is better than most places I've been. It is possible that a business here can shut down even though they are busy and have many customers. It happens all the time. Everything here is expensive compared to the national average. Fuel is usually about 75 cents to a dollar greater per gallon than the national average.
Driving here is fast. San Diegans are a bit impatient with visitors and slow drivers. I noticed that freeway traffic is always fast no matter how many cars there are on the road. Jams on the freeway don't last a long time here. The only thing holding up traffic are traffic lights at the exits. Other than that, the roads here are wide and traffic flow is efficient. But parking is a bitch.
I saw a guy digging through the dumpster here yesterday and he found a paycheck addressed to one of the residences here. He was kind enough to put up the check so that maybe the person who threw it away would find it. Every once in a while, you see kindness.


View down Texas Street, San Diego Posted by Hello


Lincoln Street, San Diego Posted by Hello

No comments: