Monday, November 29, 2004

Hooked on Mall Tycoon 2 Deluxe

Lately, I haven't been very good at making the most of my time while on vacation. But I have made myself more addicted to video games. I've been playing a computer game called, "Mall Tycoon 2 Deluxe". It can be found at Bestbuy, Target, or Wal-Mart for $20 and it comes with a 10 dollar rebate. This simulator allows for you to create your own shopping mall. Although, this game is highly addictive, this game can be an education tool for business majors. After several hours of play, I strive to make my mall look perfect and rent out spaces to my favorite types of stores. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at charging the right amount of rent or percentage profit cuts because my malls keep losing money. I think the game runs too fast and that months and years pass at a blink of an eye. I learn that shoplifters wreck havoc on my tenants who in turn have to raise prices to stay in business. It's real life. The way the game is engineered isn't perfect, but it is fun and educational. I have resorted to cheating and cheating can be very fun and save me lots of time. I think the game could've been made better, but the fun factor and addictability is a plus. I give it a 7/10.

No comments: