Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Running Out of Time

Man made pond at a mall in Kuwait City

With my incredibly long working hours, I rarely have enough time to myself. I would like to watch movies, but I'm too absorbed in my work. Being a perfectionist has it's ups and downs. I'm never satisified because my quality of work has to be the best. My repair work requires no rework because I find permanent solutions to broken equipment. My boss says it is because I'm a Virgo.

Sports:
Me and my boss have strong differences in opinion when it comes to sports. I don't play it or watch it because I think it is a complete waste of time and effort. He tries to convince me that it is good for your body and spirit. I tell him that "men who like to watch sweaty men playing with balls IS GAY". He stares back at me without answer. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being anti-social. I'm just a deep thinker and I like to come up with creative ideas and new inventions.



Today, I had a large serving of lobster, two servings of steak and Baskin Robbins ice cream. I have been told that the Kuwaiti government pays for our food. I'm not sure if it is rumor, but it makes sense that we get to eat a lot without meal cards or having it deducted from our paychecks. I can just imagine how many millions of dollars they spend a day to feed us. Especially since all the food here is imported from all over the world. Thanks for all food, Kuwait!

Military Downsizing
The military is still downsizing. Although the higher-ups try to rename downsizing to "right sizing".... but we aren't stupid. Who do they think we are? The Navy is moving towards becoming a more deployable force. I'm not too sure how they would accomplish this since a good portion of the Navy is already deployed. So does that mean, no family life what-so-ever? I imagine new UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) laws that enforce: Falling in Love is Not Allowed. The military needs to realize how precious shore duty stations are. They allow us to purchase homes and boost local economies while providing training and logistical support for the war fighters. This is solely my opinion. Don't take away the military member's family life and if it must be disrupted, at the very least, make it tolerable and provide compensation time and money.

2 comments:

huynhfamily said...

yes
sports. it is a complete waste of time and effort. "men who like to watch sweaty men playing with balls IS GAY".

Anonymous said...

Sports is not a waste of time! You have to have a passion for it, and it does help you unwind, you just don't know. -Soco