Monday, February 20, 2006

OPSEC a Question?

So what is OPSEC? Many people are confused when it comes to this. Our Commanding Officer clearly tells us not to reveal troop movements, numbers and anything harmful to the U.S. and Allies of the United States.

All photos posted are unclassified and outdated. Especially any photographs taken from the air. I actually download most of these from the military's share drive! I can only talk about what has happened in the past.

Does this webpage need to be cleared with the Public Affairs Officer?
No. As written in the "Stars and Stripes", the U.S. Army allows deployed troops to upkeep bloggers. It is actually encouraged as it may boost morale by being an inexpensive means of keeping in touch with family (and the world!). But if you feel that anything here violates operational security, please e-mail me at the link on this page and I will promptly remove it as I check my e-mail constantly.

I work with the Public Affairs Officer as my writing is also published in "The Desert Anchor".


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Okay, now I got that out of the way, I can talk about life again.

Lately, I've been reading a book called "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. It is really quite interesting. There are a lot of twists and turns as a suspense novel should be.

Movies I watched: The War of the Worlds and The Day after Tomorrow.
Today was President's Day, so I actually had some time to decompress and not think about work. The War of the Worlds was very good. If you have seen it before, you would know that that little girl in that movie was really annoying and all I wanted to do is smack her. Some of the people who watched the movie didn't get the ending. Simple minded people would think that Tom Cruise caused the aliens to go away.... Think about the ending.

Soco will be moving out of the apartment soon. The government is going to make us pay to move out which is going to cost us a couple thousand dollars. Ick. I know that the government is being stingy with their funding. Ouch. Oh well, the benefits outweigh the costs since we will no longer have to pay to do laundry and we will have an American sized kitchen!

Science News: I was reading the other day about anti-matter. If we can harness the energy of anti-matter, it is actually 1000 times more potent than nuclear fusion. Wow. That would mean that something the size of a grain of rice can power the entire country of Japan. Or travel to the planet Mars with 6 grams of matter!

Lunch with the Admiral: Never happened. I was assigned to have lunch with him two days ago and for some reason, it never materialized. My trust in my chain of command has decreased.... thanks a lot.

-=-=-=-=-=-
I know that in the military, people are awarded for various reasons. I have decided to take it upon myself to establish 3 new ribbons:

1. "Getting Credit for Somebody Else's Hard Work" Ribbon
2. "I Did My Job" Ribbon
3. "Outstanding Usage of Tag-a-log While in Uniform" Ribbon

If you are in the military, you probably know what I'm talking about. The suck-ups, the lazy, and the Tag-A-Log speakers.
-=-=-=-=-=-

Sorry, no pictures today. I'm using one of the MWR computers.

No comments: