Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Life of the Typical Deployed Military Member

Fish Market

The weather has gotten wetter and warmer over the past few days. And it shows, now that I go to work every morning and have to put up with the stench of my co-workers. I think that fat people stink pretty bad. I turn around and yell at my partner, "GO TAKE A SHOWER DAMN IT!" "Shut up, I already did." he yells back. We unsheath our knives and wrenches and pretend to fight each other.

It is pretty much the same thing at the barracks. Everybody stinks and the nasty fart games that guys play are pretty disgusting. We are packed in our living quarters like sardines. And the farting never stop with people saying, "Oh! That one was great, I just might have to change my underwear." I really hate it that everyone seems to think that it is okay to stay awake late at night, talk in their normal tones of voices while some people are trying to sleep. It drives me nuts. I wish I could just cut their tongue out, but that would be too messy. I'm missing the life in my cozy apartment in Japan.

I swear that I'm getting dumber and dumber as I spend more time around the folks around here. People are starting to reflect on their life back home, talking about how they would have sex with ugly chicks or their favorite private places to masterbate. I'm not going to go into detail but you can figure out the rest. I try to ignore all the racist jokes and remarks which occur quite frequently under a controlled environment. I'm also having dreams of shooting bad guys with my 9mm. I try to keep my sanity by reading two month old Time magazines and continuous cramming for the advancement exam. Something that Soco has got me motivated to do. I remind myself that I'll be home shortly and I look forward to eating steak and crablegs a few more times.

I have gotten a package from my sister. It was pretty neat. Bowl of Vietnamese PHO, snacks, a toy and a HUGE box of breath mints. How thoughtful, I pass out the breath-ments every morning for now on. It's enough to last a month! Cool, thanks!

Another typical day in the Kuwaiti Desert. 07 FEB 06
New Movies

1 comment:

hunghuynh said...

I liked this fish market pictures, just look like me go travel there, thank you.
Yes, Everybody stinks and the nasty. in VN weather same, long and longer you will smell not thing.
All that new movies you can down load free at the first day come out. I already watch long time ago. DSL is good connection. hihi.