Thursday, January 12, 2006

No, for the last time, I'm not in Iraq!

Aftermath

After a long phone conversation with my mom, she still seems to think that I'm in Iraq. Kuwait is not Iraq! I am not in the Army. I am in the Navy on an Army base. For civilians, I guess it is difficult to understand this concept. The two government services are much different with different missions, histories and traditions. It is like saying that the Dallas Cowboys is the same as Miami Dolphins. Don't get that confused.

Today, I had a very long talk with my boss. He told me his entire life history during dinner. It was quite interesting and very sad at the same time. I try to keep him on his toes and back him up on every situation. He finds it humiliating to still be an E-6, over 40 years old with 18 years in the military. I cheer him up by telling him that he has a valuable marketable skill. BMET jobs are out there when he gets out and maybe his civilian peers may be laughing at him right now, he will have the last laugh in the end.

Stay Positive!

Well, I've been playing with the new answering machine we have at our shop. And so far, we left a funny message with Jcid yelling and screaming. I can't stop laughing when I hear it because he is being obnoxious and professional at the same time. "If this is an Emergancy, CALL US ON OUR CELLPHONE!!!!!!"

My parents are pretty happy I'm having a child. Since they are very Asian, I was hoping that having a daughter didn't disappoint them. It didn't. They were pretty much expecting it. Well, what can I say? I'm pretty happy too that it is a little girl! It was fun teaching them how to say, "Nayeli". I know it is a strange and unusual name, but it means, "I love you" in Aztec. So if you call her name, you're telling her that you love her. (Soco's Brilliant Idea) I love my wife so much :)

Well, it is the end and there's nothing else to talk about but work. I made a new rule to myself and the rest of the guys at my shop. You already know what rule No 1 is.

Rule No 1: Last one to show up for head(bathroom) cleanup, scrubs the toilets.
Rule No 2 (New!): Whoever talks about work after 6 p.m. will get slapped. (Except if a customer asks a question.)

I like that rule!

No comments: