Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Beer Goggles and Female Shreks

Give me a Kiss you Fool!

Male conversations usually consist of sports, cars, technology, beer, and women. After being in Kuwait for so long, I think that being in a place where there is a lack of females, I'm probably getting dumber. I notice that my co-workers are getting the beer goggles and finding everything and anything attractive. Fortunately for me, I'm not getting affected by all this sand and dust. But some guys are. They're falling for "Female Shreks". Which is the common term to describe females that resemble green monster-like people. The Army has plenty of them. I asked an Air Force Sergent what he thought when he first stepped foot on this base, he said, "I've never been anywhere where there's so many ugly women." I joke, "Well, prey that you don't get beer goggles." Beware! I'm sure a good number of women look the same on almost every military base in the world where the it isn't a U.S. Air Force base. My wife is an exception!

Speaking of female Shreks, some of them can run pretty damn fast. I've seen girls run the speed limit. The speed limit is less than 25kph. The Army has the habit of doing physical training so freaking early in the morning. When I go to breakfast I usually see them chase after cars. My max is 9.3 miles per hour (on the treadmill), but damn, those Army girls are fast! (even the chubby ones)

Lately, I've been busy with coming up with articles to write in the newly established, The Desert Anchor. It is the hospital's newsletter and I've volunteered myself to be an editor. My main focus is writing about the guys "Behind the Scenes"... the people who make things happen.

Also recently, my wife has been pictured in the Umitaka (Japanese for Seahawk) which is the Yokosuka's newspaper. It shows her trying out the new fitness center. She was one of the first ones to ever get on an elliptical. She says that the new gym has treadmills with flatscreen tvs on them. Really cool stuff! I can't wait to try it, I'll bring my headphones.

Spec Ops Survival Tip:
Learn how to fall asleep in any situation because you never know when you'll have the opportunity to get a good night's rest. I think I have mastered this skill. I can sleep on a hard cold concrete floor, no cover with loud people shouting and music playing.
Seahuts at Fleet Hospital Training, Camp Pendleton, CA

No comments: