Sunday, January 15, 2006

News from Kuwait

EMF Kuwait (MASH?) Unclassified Outdated Photo

Kuwait is in the state of mourning for the late Amir Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah. He has died this morning of illness. He is known to have led Kuwait during the war with Iraq in 1990 and modernizing the country of Kuwait.

A change of plans, the MWR trips have been canceled until further notice.

Good news, my departure date is getting nearer and nearer. I can't wait to leave this place.

"Keep the calls to 15 minutes please."
These signs are posted above all the morale phones so that people can get a chance to call home. I try to keep my calls between 15-20 minutes, but sometimes I get carried away. Calling home to Japan isn't cheap, AT&T current rates are roughly 35 cents a minute. Soco doesn't like it when I talk for such a short time. Me neither.

Aeon Flux and Chronicles of Narnia
I got to watch these two movies this weekend. Chronicles of Narnia (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) was so good! I think it was better than the book. When I was in middle school, I read that book and it was fascinating! It is a good break from reality. Aeon Flux on the other hand was very interesting. I liked it, but most people would hate it. It as techy as The Matrix and the story is about the struggle of human survival and evils of human cloning. Pure science fiction, nerd talk and martial arts. Soco would hate it.

No comments: