Friday, January 20, 2006

Mail Call

My House in Kuwait

Mail Call is the most exciting part of the day here at Kuwait. To have your name magically appear on the list is like winning the lottery. I haven't received a package or letter since Christmas. But that's okay, I can deal with it. :( I'm high tech, I get e-mails like crazy and my mailbox always gets full.

I remember George W. Bush saying, "Don't forget about Poland!" Since I've been here, I've seen troops and people from all over the world, EXCEPT Poland. I've seen people from S. Korea, Japan, all over South America, Philipines, India, Pakistan, Italian, Kuwaiti, British, Australia, Canada, all the Allied Nations, the U.S. Coast Guard (HUH? what are they doing here?), but where's Poland?!? What a disappointment. That is my goal. To meet and see a Polish soldier before I leave Kuwait, but I don't think it's going to happen.

There are so many pictures on our server. I'm stealing them and uploading them on my blogger. They're free to take anyways.

Buggers. I noticed that being in the desert, I get a lot of buggers. I can just imagine people reading this and thinking to themselves... ICK! But yeah, desert life brings on the life of sand and buggers.

"Showers can only be 5 minutes long!" New rule at the barracks. I've always had kept my showers short... but I guess people are abusing the hot water so that others may suffer the consequences. I can just imagine what the water bill used to be. Out here, water is like gold and the tax-payers are footing the bill for those water hogging bastards.

Soco weighs 140lbs with the baby right now. She is doing good. The baby kicks a lot!

Spec Ops Survival Tip:
Be unpredictable. "I don't have a routine." - LT. S*****Y (U.S. Navy Seal)

Iraqi Kids

No comments: