Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hajj Week

Rolling in Head Trauma

This week is the week of the Hajj where Muslems all over the world make their life long journey to the city of Mecca. In Kuwait, it is a week long holiday and business isn't usually conducted during this time. People fast and only eat and drink before sunrise and after sunset. For us, it is business as usual.

Lately, I've been having dreams of being home with my wife. It is such a pity that I can't take a few weeks of leave to go home. Six months seem like a little long for me. There is no getting "used" to this place. More like getting "bored" of this place. But last Monday, I stayed in my bunk bed the whole day and the next day, I was charged and ready to go. This week, was somehow a relief because the workload somehow vanished and we are littered with small chores and cleanup. I caught up on all the work I was wanting to do for the past few months and now we can continue with doing our long overdue, "preventative maintenance" (which we have been neglecting for the past month).

People still in Pajamas (when there is a mascal, there is no time to waste, get out there and help!)

Soco has been shopping for a diaper bag. She is looking for a relatively inexpensive, yet durible and functional bag. Jokingly, I suggested that I use my "spec ops" bag. (Same bag special forces (Navy Seals) use.) It lacks bottle holders though...

I can't wait to be home.

Bus Rollover - Mass Casuality

No comments: