Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Winter wonderland in Kuwait

After the rain

I have been told that it rains here during this time. But so far, I've only seen it rain a few times since I've been here. Precipitation is supposed to be about an inch to two inches per year. Not much. In the morning, it is usually really cold and as the sun comes up, it gets warmer and warmer. Like today, the high was 80 degrees. As the sun sets, it cools down. Lately, when it cools down, the cold air brings a thick fog with it. Really spooky. It gives me the chills as if the ghosts of the dead Iraqi solders have come back to haunt us.

To kill off my boredom, I am trying to join every committee and club there is to offer. My boss signed me up for the choir. I was just joking when he asked me if I wanted to sing. I said, "If you sing, I'll sing." The next day, he signed me up.

Damn....

So I found myself today practicing with a group of people singing, "Jingle Bell Rock." We actually sounded good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing fine, Don't let that place get to you, things could always be worse. Japan is F*ckin cold, anything below 62 (42 degrees at night 52 in the day right now)is extreme cold weather for me and working nights 6 days a week does not help! I miss you! ;)
-Soco