Friday, December 30, 2005

Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)

Mercedes Benz Car Bomb on the way to the DFAC

This car was seized, disabled and used as a display model of what you can see in this region. Terrorists and insurgents are becoming clever at hiding their explosives. In Kuwait, we have to keep an eye out for IEDs, crazy drivers, goats, camels and pedestrians. As you can see, driving can be very tiresome and after a long drive, it feels like a really, really long day at work. We get hazardous duty pay for a reason, because the potential for danger is always there. I've even experienced a mad driver drive in front of me and slam on their brakes to piss me off. Of course, I had to dodge him.

I noticed after my last morale call to Soco, that I've been complaining a lot and I haven't been talking about what's really important about life. Family life. Well, Soco is doing fine and the baby is kicking. I'm getting really excited and I can't wait to get back. I'm having trouble thinking of baby names. I'm so picky, because it will be a name I'll be saying for the rest of my life. But I have to be careful, because I don't want to pick a name that will invite bullying like my sister's old name before she changed it to Phoebe. Got any cool names? Drop me a line!

1 comment:

hunghuynh said...

Middle name in my family
your is G
your son is H
your grandson is Y
your grand grandson is R
M
F
Q
J ...