Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Missing Home

Burger King in the middle of nowhere, near Iraq

Same thing over and over again. Camp Arifjan is boring. Go to work, eat, sleep, go to work. Nothing new. Only more work. Work... work work and more work. Hit the gym, sleep, shower in cold water, more work.

The Armed Forces Network (AFN) television shows are pretty dull and they play the same thing over and over. I think I have already watched, "Drumline" and "Edward Sizzerhands" like 4 or 5 times already. The music videos are pretty repeaticious also and I'm getting sick of watching Madonna dancing and a singing Frog.

The food place is called the "DFAC", which is pronounced, D-FAC. Their meals are starting to taste the same and I'm getting tired of omlets and sausage for breakfast. They have no soy milk so I can't eat cereal as I would like to change up my diet a little. During the day, I'm getting used to eating "Chicken and Gravy" and some days, I mix it up with "Ham and Gravy". Wednesday nights, they have dry, T-bone steak and Crablegs. I can't complain about that, but after having it 15 times in two months, it gets old. The salad dressing is disagreeable with my digestive system and the fruits don't change. Last night, I had a change and actually enjoyed an unusual meal selection, "Liver". It was really good. Isn't it sad that liver has become the most desirable thing on the menu?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You complain too much! Jeez didn't my mom and the biomed shop just send you food? You should be thankful for what you have, others in Iraq wish they were as lucky as you! I Love You! -Soco

Anonymous said...

Hi, my fiance was recently deployed to Camp Arifjan. Can you give us a little insight into how you see women servicemembers being treated by male servicemembers?