Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Job at Naval Hospital Yokosuka

Here is the website for the hospital I work for:

http://www.nhyoko.med.navy.mil/

The picture of the hospital looks kinda big doesn't it? Well, it is. Well anyways, my job is to repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment in that entire building, plus the ships of the 7th Pacific Fleet, Clinics in Negishi, Sasabo, Iwakuni, Atsugi, Fuji in Japan, Chenhae Korea, a clinic in the Phillipines, and Diego Garcia.... and also the dental clinics for all of them too. For all these places, there are only 9 techs. Only 5 of us actually fix equipment and the rest of them are usually on leave or do administrative type of work. It is pretty stressful and I usually put in 12 hour days. I don't usually get a chance to update my blog very often. Well, when I get a chance, I do go out on the weekends. It may be worth it. I'm getting a lot of hands-on experience which is good. I'm glad I'm only doing three years here. I wouldn't want to settle down in Japan.


Pedestrian crosswalk above a busy intersection Posted by Hello

1 comment:

hunghuynh said...

hihi
you dream too much at Japan,
now ! not one year yet.
you already tired what they life, that is you work only inside USA goverment jobs, if you work out side real Japenese personal job you will quit only a week.
hihi.
orental county all work hard, don't look liked USA work little bit said work hard,