Saturday, April 16, 2005

My First Bazaar in Yokosuka


Samurai Suit and Drum Posted by Hello

Yesterday was my first bazaar in Yokosuka. Soco and I have been given plenty advice about bazaars that occur here. "Don't buy too much on your first bazaar." or "Wait until tomorrow because the items will be cheaper because the items that doesn't sell have to be shipped back to Korea." Well, after Soco had purchased a $500 Tibetan Antique Cabinet, we saw some people trying to bargain on some other furniture. Darn it! We should've haggled on the price! Oh well, the item was already discounted after seeing something similar in the building next door which was priced at $800. The cabinet is over 150 years old and it looked really cool. I'll be taking plenty of pictures of it once we have it delivered. The furniture imported to Japan from China and Korea is so beautiful and cheap! What would normally cost hundreds of dollars in the states would cost about half the price or 20% off here. There are lots of good deals and I learned to go early to take advantage of seeing all the good stuff before they disappear. Click on some of my pictures. The cabinet wood carved, furniture pictured here is intricately detailed and priced pretty cheaply. I also got to see the guy who does the Sushicam blog. He was there selling his framed pictures. I didn't bother to talk to him though, I was too engaged at looking and purchasing all the cool bazaar things!

Check out this entry of Sushicam, it's pretty funny and close to what everyone with a camera experiences in Japan:

http://www.sushicam.com/2005/April/050415/050415.php


Paper Wall Pictures Posted by Hello


Chinese Furniture Posted by Hello


Wooden Japanese Dolls Posted by Hello

No comments: