Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Really long tunnels on Tomei Expressway

Tunnels along Tomei Expressway Posted by Hello


Almost all of the freeways in Japan have tunnels.... LOTS OF TUNNELS! Instead of climbing hills and mountains, they just blast through them. The Tomei Expressway is the freeway used to get to Mt. Fuji from Yokosuka. Maximum speed limit is 80km/h but I drive 145km/h in the fast lane. Mostly because the engine wouldn't go any faster. I switch back to the crusing lane when BMWs come up against my rear bumper. Kinda like the states, except that there's no speed traps. Just cameras. I heard that the cameras take a crystal clear picture of the driver and passenger and license plate of speeding cars and then the Japanese police actually mails you the ticket. I'm not sure of this, but I don't want to find out. I just go with the flow of traffic.

Driving thru a tunnel Tomei Expressway Posted by Hello

No comments: