Friday, June 03, 2005

Getting bored of Japan?

Dusk and view of Daiei Mall Parking from the 12th floor Posted by Hello


I was told that I shouldn't do too much too soon once I got here. I've visited all these places and took many pictures and gotten accustomed to living here. I've just about ran out of ideas of what I should do. Now, I'm prefectly happy just staying at home sometimes. Right now, that's how I feel. This foreign land doesn't seem too foreign anymore, thus less exciting. The bland colors, the monotony, the small spaces, the lack of selection of food choices, separating my trash... and the smell. For some reason, it smells wierd here. It is like everyone and everything is cleaned with the same cleaning product. The smell is hard to describe, but it is some strange faint... almost pleasant smell, that is not overwhelming like perfumes people use in the states. Over here, only foreigners use strong smelling perfumes and deodorants. It seems like everyone here wears the same clothes. Business men generally wear the same business suits and children wear their school uniforms... even on the weekend. It is like watching a bunch of lemmings follow the same routine everyday. People here act just like what I see in Japanese anime. Well, the excitement for me in Japan is almost gone. I still have a few destinations to go, such as Mt. Fuji and maybe the Aichi World's Fair. Pretty soon, I'll be taking a trip to Sasebo and Iwakuni.

No comments: