Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sciatica Sucks

This sciatica is taking a lot longer to heal than I could ever imagine. It has already been a month and my spine is still crooked. My doctor prescribed muscle relaxant and an anti-inflamatory prescription and the physical therapist prescribed stretching exercises and posture correction movement. I've been doing everything several times a day. Stretching, walking, moving around, Yoga posture and stretching videos, shifting my back from side to side and it still feels like intense pinching in my left hamstring and butt. I have one week before I have to return to work and I don't think it will heal in time. I've also lost a lot of sleep because it is impossible to fall asleep in a constant state of pain. I took some over-counter sleeping pills to help me fall asleep and it didn't work. I did eventually fall asleep at 3 a.m. out of sleep deprivation and exhaustion. I just hope and prey that I'll be 100% when the baby is born. One more month to go!

We have finally decided on a vehicle to purchase. It turned out to be a grey Toyota Mini-Van. It had one previous owner who was an old Japanese man. I can tell that he took good care of the vehicle. There are no leaks or problems what-so-ever! It was hardly believable for a vehicle to be 11 years old! I'll take pictures of it when we finally get possession of the vehicle.

Baby clothes
People are constantly donating baby clothes, toys and junk. More necessities than junk, of course. I'm trying to take some precautions since I think we already have enough stuff for the baby. As a matter of fact, I haven't bought a single thing for the baby! I'm not sure if it is out of generosity or people are just dumping their stuff on us. We actually had to trash some items because they were infested with mold. NASTY! Soco's parents have been very kind to us and sent us some very nice diaper bags, onesies, and stuff. It is really great. Yesterday, Soco bought some reusable cloth diapers. I think that will save us a lot of money. A pack of 40 disposable diapers are about 9 or 10 bucks. Since we are dual income, we don't qualify for WIC. Hehe, I guess according to statistics, our military pay combined is above poverty level... darn.

Well, I'm going to do more stretching exercises now.
Soco in her maturnity dress uniform in front of US Naval Hospital, Yokosuka Japan

No comments: