Thursday, April 06, 2006

Back in Japan again

Potluck food

Soco the Advanced Laboratorian

I'm back in Japan again and not much has changed. Everything looks exactly the same. Neyeli is growing and kicking inside Soco's belly. Yesterday, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was 145 beats per min.

Soco has moved on base and I had to spend minimal amount of time finding it. It was too easy and plus, this new place is much bigger than I had expected. The blueprints make it appear smaller. We have an American sized refrigerator, bathroom, bedrooms and kitchen. No more shopping for food everyday!

There are new faces in my workspace. I don't think it will take very long before I get used to them. I just hope they are hardworkers. It is kinda funny to walk around the hospital and people come up to me and say "Welcome Back, you're a war hero". I wouldn't say that much, but it feels funny to be called that. I'm glad to have the experience of deployment under my belt. Now I just need some shipboard experience...

I can just say one thing, I'm glad to be back.

No comments: