Saturday, May 21, 2005

More Images of Tokyo Disney Sea

Little Venice Posted by Hello


Lost River Delta Posted by Hello


I can't believe that I've been in Japan for 6 months already! Time has been flying by. I keep promising myself that I will get a camcorder to record my experience here and I haven't began shopping for one yet. I've been pretty busy and I got to watch StarWars III! It was so awesome, George Lucas somehow fit everything together like a puzzle and it all makes perfect sense. Well, yesterday, I had some great chinese food. Sweet and sour pork, with steamed rice, tofu, egg drop soup, and eggrolls. Kinda like how they make it in the states. The eggrolls had bamboo shoots and zuccini in it. Unusual, but good. Soco and I also bought a $5 Hello Kitty paper bag. And in it was waffle bread shaped like Hello Kitty and Pikachu from Pokemon. Those suckers were addicting and went pretty fast.

Soco has finally experienced a haircut from a Japanese person. The only bad thing was the wait. We waited about 45 minutes, but after that, the lady only took 20-30 minutes to style it and she did a pretty darn good job. I know that in the states, much time is wasted on idle chit-chat and perfecting their mistakes. This time consuming process can up to an hour or more. This lady did it fast and perfect.

I like Japanese people. At work, there's this guy we call, "Yokomitsu-san". He is an expert in all things metal. I had once told him that a drain was clogged underneath a sterilizer in the hospital, and he went way above and beyond his call of duty. He fabricated and installed the drain with stainless steel. Yesterday, I had asked for his help. He stopped everything he was doing and helped me replace the pitiful American style metal plumbing (with compression fittings) and fabricated an identical component with Japanese flare connections (which is more reliable and lasts forever). A lot of Japanese people are like that. They're real reliable and they take a lot of pride in everything they do.

No comments: