Thursday, June 15, 2006

Being Pumped full of Morphine and Toradal

When I first got to the hospital, the neurosurgeon reviewed my record and history. He read my old MRI and saw that I was in a lot of pain when I took it, hence the images were a bit blurry. I couldn't keep still during the procedure so the neurosurgeon decided to take matters into his own hands.

He asked me, "Can I give you another MRI?"

I said, "If you drug me. Gotta give me Morphine or something to kill off the pain."

He looked at me and said, "I'll see what I can do, but I'll have to admit you to the hospital. Is that okay?"

"Sure, Doc. I just wanna be cured."

Within an hour, I was admitted to the ward. I was instructed to change my clothes into a patient gown and remain in bed while they pump me full of morphine.

After the morpine treatment, the hospital corpsman put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me down to radiology for my MRI. I tried to lay down on the MRI table and for some reason, I physically couldn't do it. My left leg wouldn't lower flat or bend low enough for the procedure. The pain was unbearable.

The morphine didn't phase me.

Okay, so I was brought back to my bed. The nurse called the neurosurgeon, "The patient couldn't lie down on the MRI table he was in so much pain." The doctor then wanted to give me morphine and toradal (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug for severe pain that carries many risks) via intravenious injections (super potient).

IV line

Five hours later, and with my body full of Morphine and Toradal, I was wheeled back into the MRI room. Once again, the drugs didn't phase me. The table was stiff as a board and my back couldn't handle it. I was in so much pain still.

The doc then said, "We're going to have to put you to sleep."

===============



No comments: