Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back Surgery - Microdiscectomy



In order to perform my MRI, the doctor decided to put me to sleep because no matter what pain medication he was giving me, was not working. I was scheduled to undergo surgery the next day.

The next morning, I woke up and I was wheeled into the preoperative room. There, I was given some white milky injection. After that they moved me to the MRI room. I was told to lie down. Once again, my back wouldn't let me lie straight. I was in so much pain. The anesthesiologist handed me a mask and told me to inhale.

I breathed in 3 or 4 times and remember waking up to the sound of: "Mr. X, your surgery is finished."

I was thinking, that you gotta be joking me. I looked down and saw that I was lying straight. I could wiggle my toes and saw that my feet were both perfectly spaced apart.

I looked up at the clock and saw that 4 hours had gone by without any recollection of being operated on. Amazing!

Site of Surgery

---------------------




No comments: