Friday, October 14, 2005

Watching TV is so 21st Century!

Big House in Hiroshima

As television is becoming more and more obsolete, watching the most current shows, live news, comedy shows, when you want them, in demand, is all on the internet now-a-days. No more spending countless hours on commercials or wasting time waiting for your favorite show or music video to come on, it's all on the internet. Man, I love it! AOL has all the newest and old music videos, live CNN, National Geographic, streaming radio you could ever want. Now, I just have to figure out how to connect my television to my computer so I can connect my television to the internet. I've been looking for a new video card with s-video or AV output, but prices are a bit expensive for that kind of toy. Another project of mine is to get a good DVD +/- rewriteable disk drive. Also, I want to get a good camcorder with the new Hard Disk technology. I know that JVC already has one with their "Everio G". It has 40 gigabytes of memory which can record 7 hours of Ultry DVD Movie quality videos. Really exciting. Tapes are quickly being phased out and DVD is the norm. DVD is going to phase out in the upcoming years as Blu-ray and HD-DVD becomes popular. Why is it so great? An entire box set of DVDs can fit on one HD-DVD. The new X-box 360 will feature this technology.

I'm also pretty excitied that someone (Volkswagon) had crossed the finishline this year at the robot(unmanned) vehicle races in death valley in Southern California. The pentagon gave those developers a year to fix up their robots after last years race. (One year is an eternity in electronics technology) The obstacle course featured 3 different tunnels to knock out GPS, winding dirt roads with 20 ft drop off cliffs, bottle necks, barb wire fences, trees, giant rocks and ditches. Real amazing. It won't be long before artificial intelligence makes our way into our homes.

No comments: