Sunday, September 25, 2005

About to get stomped on

Why did this have to occur on a weekend?

We're about to get stomped on by a huge typhoon.


But usually, there isn't much devastation after these type of things. Buildings here are pretty solid. There's no mobile homes to be tossed around and there's tall buildings to break up the wind. For some reason, with Typhoon Saola, I want to go play outside. Strange coincidence that Hurricane Rita is currently redecorating parts of Texas and Louisiana right now.

0920: The Shiori Heim apartment manager announces some kind of warning over the intercom. (A loud speaker inside of my hallway that I didn't know that I had.) I can't make out the Japanese, but I assume he wanted everything off the balconies. It freaked me out at first, I had thought that someone had opened the front door and was trying to talk to me. hehe

Noon: We were spared. Looks like the typhoon is headed towards Chiba. Oh well... better safe than sorry.

No comments: