Saturday, March 12, 2005

Shibuya and Starbucks Mugs


Shibuya a Shopper's Mecca Posted by Hello

When I went to Harajuku, me and Soco accidentally ended up in Shibuya. It was really cool! There were so many people and so much eye candy. You can view a Real Player video here from my favorite Japanese Blogger site, "Sushicam.com"SHIBUYA Sushicam Video 5.6MB or the Windows Media Player version SHIBUYA Sushicam Video 28.8MB
This place closely resembles downtown Chicago except that it was more crowded. There were many, many stores. You don't even need a car. You see everyone walking in the streets. There's no room for cars. Me and Soco went to Starbucks and I bought her a Tokyo Starbucks Collectable Mug. She made it her goal to collect all the Starbucks mugs all around Japan. She currently has one from San Diego. And the Starbucks on base says, "Yokohama, Japan" on it. I'll get it for her later after a few more paychecks.

Lately, me and Soco went and got food in the Daiei Mall. I showed her that you can get pre-made sushi real cheap in the grocery store. I figured that it would be cheaper than eating out. She looked at me like I was just being a cheap bastard. When we went, the selection of sushi, tofu, and udon noodles blew her away. The pre-made sushi were specially prepared with care and were delicious! We got some fried shrimp vegetables, two udon noodle bowl kits, and milk tea and orange juice all for 15 dollars or 1,500 yen. It is definitely worth coming back.

No comments: