Saturday, January 28, 2006

Brag Sheets, Absolutely a Play on Words

Sandstorms look cool unit they hit you

It is that time again, where enlisted sailors of the U.S. Navy are supposed to input their brag sheets. Brag Sheets are like resumes except that we aren't looking for a job. We are trying to get a raise, and believe me, it is cut throut. I have seen an example of one being 14 pages long. It is a bit ridiculous but I think it is unfair. Some people have jobs where they do absolutely nothing so they have all the time in the world to be attending college courses and taking correspondence courses during working hours. I believe it is a wrong to be doing personal advancement type stuff during working hours. It is unfair to those who bust their asses everyday in the frontlines. And especially to those who are deployed.

Well, in the sample bragsheet I have seen, this one person made, "putting up bathroom checklist" sound like saving the universe in the description. So stupid. But I guess if you can write and brag about yourself, you have an advantage over those who can't.

It is total bullshit.

People who try to stomp on people to get on top don't have consciences. They'll get what's coming to them eventually.... An extra hundred dollars a month.

Some people ask me if I have seen "Camel Spiders". The answer is no. I haven't seen any and they are rumored to be very large creatures. More like resembling a crab. If I see one, I'll put a picture up.

"Jarhead" - I watched that movie and it was mediocre. I liked the dramatic scenes where it paused and showed the spraying oil wells. I spoke to a Marine who saw it too. He said, "It was dumb, all it was about is how stupid Marines act." I was really wondering if he saw the same movie that I saw. That is totally what it's NOT about. Dumbass. It's someone's story about what they had experienced while going on Operation Desert Shield. Really good movie, everyone should see at least once. I doubt that it would become a classic like "Full Metal Jacket" since the bootcamp part of insulting Pvt. Swifford was way too short. Really great to watch, but too boring to watch again. The book was a whole lot better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, has this blog been approved by the PAO?? I think not. Good OPSEC needs to be coordinated through him. Think about it.

Your fellow Shipmate