Thursday, August 26, 2004

Downtown Wichita Falls

I decided to walk to downtown today. I've driven there many times, but I thought that I should walk it this time. I was hoping to discover something new and exciting. Well, I didn't realize that downtown was going to be five to six miles away. Now I'm suffering from achy feet. But it was worth it.


Here is the skyline of downtown Wichita Falls. Don't let the it fool you, it isn't a shopping mecca at all. The tall, nostalgic buildings represent government and utility companies. Up close, there are banks and churches. Posted by Hello


The empty streets of downtown show that it really isn't the shopping center of the city. Posted by Hello

This is an alley. Brick buildings are a usual sight to see. Posted by Hello



This is Holliday St. Above it is Interstate 44. In Dallas, it is common to see freeways stacked up on top of each other. But Wichita Falls is a small city.

No comments: